Carole Shashona's Healthy Life & Style
The secret for living a great life is to adopt a harmonious composite with nature. By incorporating these daily routines into your beauty and diet routine, you’ll naturally align your body with inner and outer beauty by looking beautiful and feeling great!
You will notice than when the temperature outside suddenly gets colder, you will instantly add extra layers of clothing. In hot weather, you and I will eat lighter foods and choose lighter colors and fabrics to wear. This will keep us comfortable and cool in seasonal ﬂuxes.
For the Autumn season, I always recommend to my clients to keep a “yang belly.”
You may be asking, “What is a yang belly?” My Master in the art of Feng Shui always taught me that good health and beauty begins from the inside; good health is eating good food to fuel our bodies each season. This Fall it is important to keep your digestive system warm and active.
It is the season to strengthen your body and just like the squirrel begins to gather and store his nuts, it’s your time for you to prepare and align for Winter’s frost and chills.
I love this chicken salad its light and savory, Bon Appetit!
Moroccan Chicken Salad
(Chicken & Bulgar Salad w/ Avocado)
1 Cup Bulgur
1 Cup Boiling water
2 Boneless Organic Chicken breasts w/skin
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup fresh orange juice
1/2 Cup basil leaf, chopped
4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Large scallions
2 Hass avocados cut into 1 inch chunks
1 Medium fennel bulb
1. Cover Bulgur with boiling water.
2. Cover bowl and let stand about 30 minutes.
3. Coat chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper
4. Roast chicken on baking sheet 15 minutes
5. Cool, slice breasts on diagonal
6. In small bowl whisk orange juice, basil, lemon juice, scallions and olive oil
7. Season with salt and pepper
8. In large bowl, toss bulgur, chicken, avocados with fennel Add vegetables and serve
Follow our social media channel for new products, inspiration, extraordinary culinary recipes and more!